Have some fun and make new friends at MOCA!
Join the Friends of MOCA volunteer program.
To support MOCA’s exhibitions, education and public programs by volunteering at events and supporting the staff with tasks behind the scenes. In addition, the group will plan and implement fund-raising events to support the museum.
Friends of MOCA meetings will take place on the last Friday of every month at 7 PM, before Jazz at MOCA. There will also be Wednesday night meetings once a month. The first orientation meeting will be on September 25. Join us for refreshments and stay for the concert.
Volunteer Jobs Include
- Passing out fliers about exhibitions, classes or public programs to businesses, churches, and schools.
- Visiting neighboring communities, Miami Shores, Bay Harbor Islands, North Miami Beach and Aventura, to speak with community groups about MOCA’s programs. (Kiwanis, Chamber of Commerce, etc.)
- Talking to guests about benefits of membership during events
- Surveying visitors during events
- Working in the gift shop
- Assisting with targeted mailings to businesses about sponsorship or membership opportunities.
- Ushering at public program events like lectures and films
- Sitting at an information table at an off-site event
- Assisting during family days and children’s art classes
- Planning luncheons or cocktail receptions that will raise awareness of MOCA and the need to raise funds for certain programs, like scholarships for camp or the after-school program
- Serving as mentors in the after-school program
- Giving an orientation of the museum in Spanish or Creole
- Inviting and hosting neighborhood groups to visit MOCA
- Passing out information or giving tours during Jazz nights
- Assisting during the annual Gala fund-raiser
Benefits to the volunteers
Free admission to events and lectures, passes to art fairs during Art Basel season, preview tours of exhibits, orientation by the director, curators and education staff, luncheons and appreciation events, and visits to artists’ studios.
Members of the Friends of MOCA volunteer group will be able to attend the upcoming art history lecture series for free.
To request a volunteer application and/or enroll in the lecture series, contact 305.893.6211